Craig Valentine, Master Storyteller, imparted his knowledge on the BCA Members and guests at this morning Hospitality Breakfast. A quick look around the room, and you would have noticed attendees frantically taking notes, making changes to their wardrobe and creating “Foundational Phrases.” What may have seemed like fun and games turned out to be a valuable lesson for all.Regardless if you are a business owner, the head of a company, leading a sales team or an HR executive trying to boost employee morale, the tools provided by Craig can go a long way. A few highlights are below:
- Create a Foundational Phrase (no more than 10 words)
- Speak to ONE, but look to all
- Never sell a product, sell a result
- Remember the Sheen factor (Martin, not Charlie)
- 10:1 Rule, for every ten minutes you have someones attention, only communicate only one impact point
- Take your audience across the EDGE (E=Esteem More, D=Do More, G=Gain More, E=Enjoy More)
- Its all about Change, Change small and change ofter
- When you make someone visible, you become valuable
Please share with us your “Foundational Phrase”, we’d love to hear them. You can do so by leaving a comment below.
Your foundational phrase is your “take away message”. It should be fewer than 10 words. It is what your build your story around. In your story, what is your foundational phrase, please share below.