Business Development Intern is responsible for supporting BCA staff in the development of new business for the company. The primary focus of this internship is to assist the Business Development department in generating revenue through the recruitment and selection of new members companies.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Assist with prospecting and researching prospective member companies
- Assist with calling on and building relationships with executive level professionals in the Philadelphia area
- Assist with various sales activities
- Assist with full load-in, set-up and load-out for events
- Enthusiasm, creativity and a desire to learn sales and business development
- A strong desire to help people
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to take initiative and work independently when needed
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and demanding deadlines
- Must be able to work off-hours as some events are early morning or evening.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- These requirements are a given and I shouldn’t even have to mention them: knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet, email, strong communication skills, strong phone skills and a quick learner
- This is an unpaid internship
- The work environment is very active, fast-paced
- Position is located in center city
- Some off hours are required due to event schedules.
To apply, please call or email Joleen at 215-735-2871 or firstname.lastname@example.org